Interested in a Discount on Tafluprost?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you:
- Have an inflammatory eye condition, such as iritis or uveitis
- Have any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Tafluprost to learn more, including information on who should not use this product.)
Tafluprost belongs to a class of medications known as prostaglandins. These drugs work by opening the channels that drain fluid from the eye, helping the excess eye fluid to drain from the eye more easily. By reducing eye pressure, tafluprost can help prevent damage to the optic nerve and the vision loss that accompanies such damage.
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with tafluprost include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of eye drops. It is typically used once a day in the evening.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before using tafluprost.
- Gently pull your lower eyelid down with a finger (most people find that their middle finger works best) to create a small pocket. Without actually touching the dropper to the eye, squeeze the bottle to place one drop into the lower eyelid.
- Each single-use container has only one dose of the medication, which is enough for one drop in one or two eyes. Do not try to save any remaining solution for later; it does not contain a preservative and will not remain sterile.
- If you use other eye medications, make sure to separate tafluprost and your other eye drops by at least five minutes.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.