Prolensa Overdose

It is possible to use too much Prolensa (bromfenac), although it is not expected to result in dangerous complications. However, the specific effects will vary, based on how much was used and whether it was used with any other medications. If you have used too many drops in your eye, your healthcare provider may recommend flushing the eye out with water.

Can You Use Too Much Prolensa?

Prolensa™ (bromfenac ophthalmic solution) is a prescription eye medication used in people who have had cataract surgery. It helps treat inflammation and pain from the surgery.
As with any medication, it is possible to use too much Prolensa. The specific effects of an overdose would likely vary, however, depending on a number of factors, including the Prolensa dosage and whether it was used with other any medicines or substances.

Effects of an Overdose

There is very little information available about what to expect from a Prolensa overdose. There have been no reported cases of an overdose with the medication.
In general, a Prolensa overdose is normally not expected to cause serious effects. This is because only a very small amount of the drug, if any, is absorbed from the eye into the bloodstream.
The medication is also not likely to be dangerous if taken by mouth. This is because an entire bottle of Prolensa contains only a small amount of the active drug (bromfenac). 

Treatment for a Prolensa Overdose

Treatment for a Prolensa overdose may vary. It is possible that no treatment will be needed at all, especially if there are no symptoms from the overdose. If you have used too many Prolensa drops in your eye, a healthcare provider may recommend that you flush the eye with clean water.
Even though an overdose is not likely to be dangerous, it is important to seek prompt medical attention if you may have overdosed on this or any other medication.

Prolensa Medication Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2019 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.