Ozurdex Side Effects
Some reactions to this medicine are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. Potentially serious Ozurdex side effects include:
- Changes in vision, such as:
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Persistent blurred or clouded vision
- Double vision
- Problems with glare
- Seeing floating spots or flecks in your field of vision ("floaters")
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye pain or redness
- Slow healing of an eye wound
- Symptoms of a new infection not related to the eye problem being treated, such as:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the Ozurdex side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using the medication. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to Ozurdex, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.