Everyone receives the same dosage of the eye implant Ozurdex. For each dosage, your healthcare provider will insert one implant into the affected eye. Depending on how you respond to the drug, your healthcare provider may recommend a repeat injection. Because the implant dissolves inside the eye, it does not need to be removed.
An Introduction to Your Dose of OzurdexThere is only one standard dosage of Ozurdex® (dexamethasone intravitreal implant), regardless of your age or the condition being treated. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosing unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The standard dose of Ozurdex is one 0.7-mg intravitreal implant inserted into the affected eye(s). Your healthcare provider may recommend a repeat injection if he or she believes you may benefit from another treatment.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Ozurdex include the following:
- Ozurdex comes as an implant that is injected into the vitreous humor inside the eye (this is called an intravitreal injection).
- The implant dissolves inside the eye and does not need to be removed.
- A healthcare provider will administer the injection.
- Your healthcare provider will monitor you closely in the days following your procedure. It is important to keep all your follow-up appointments.
- For Ozurdex to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Ozurdex dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.