Ocupress Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Ocupress if you:
- Are allergic to Ocupress, carteolol, or any of the inactive components used to make the eye drop (your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients)
- Have asthma or a history of asthma
- Have severe COPD
- Have a very low heart rate (severe bradycardia)
- Have severe heart failure
- Have second or third degree heart block (a problem with electrical signal conduction in the heart)
- Have cardiogenic shock (an emergency heart problem).
There are a number of situations in which Ocupress should not be taken, as well as several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all of these issues were discussed in this article. Therefore, talk with your healthcare provider about the specific warnings and precautions that may apply to you.