Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Ocuflox include the following:
- Ocuflox comes in the form of an eye drop. It is normally used several times a day. Make sure you know your individual instructions for using this medicine.
- Many eye infections can spread easily. To help prevent the spread of infection, try not to touch your eye while using Ocuflox, wash your hands thoroughly before and after use, and avoid touching the tip of the dropper to any surface, including your eyes or hands.
- You should not wear contact lenses while you are using this medicine. Ask your healthcare provider when you may use contacts again.
- This medication should only be used in the eye. Do not take it by mouth or apply it to your skin.
- Make sure to dispose of this product after you finish treatment. Do not save it for later use.
- You should begin to feel better within a few days of starting treatment. However, this does not mean your infection is gone. It is important that you take all doses of Ocuflox your healthcare provider prescribes. Stopping treatment too early may cause your symptoms to return or lead to antibiotic resistance.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.