The recommended Moxeza dosage is the same for everyone, regardless of age or weight. This standard amount is one drop of Moxeza in each affected eye twice daily for seven days. Do not wear contact lenses during treatment, and make sure to keep the tip of the dropper from touching any surfaces, such as your fingers or eyes.
An Introduction to Dosing With MoxezaThere is only one standard recommended dose of Moxeza™ (moxifloxacin eye drops), regardless of your weight or age. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Moxeza Dosage for Pink EyeThe recommended Moxeza dosage for treating bacterial conjunctivitis ("pink eye") in adults and children four months old and older is one drop in each affected eye twice daily for seven days. One bottle contains more than enough of the medication to treat both eyes, so do not be concerned about accidentally losing a few drops, which can happen if you blink when applying a dose.
General Information on Using MoxezaSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Moxeza include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is normally used in the affected eye(s) two times daily for seven days.
- It is important to keep the bottle free from contamination to help prevent further infection. Do not allow the applicator tip to touch any surface, including your fingers or eyes.
- You should not wear contact lenses while using Moxeza, as it is advised not to wear contacts while you have an eye infection. Ask your healthcare provider when you may wear contacts again.
- You should begin to feel better within a few days of starting treatment. However, this does not mean your infection is gone. It is important that you finish the full course of this medicine. Stopping it too soon may cause your symptoms to return or the bacteria to become resistant to antibiotics.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Moxeza dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.