Maxidex Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of Maxidex are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Problems with vision, including loss of peripheral vision, which may be signs of glaucoma
- Blurred or clouded vision, double vision, or problems with glare, which may be signs of cataracts
- Sensitivity to the light
- Severe or persistent eye pain or redness
- Slow healing of an eye wound
- Symptoms of a new infection, not related to the eye problem being treated, such as:
- Bright red or dark red patches on the whites of the eyes
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Maxidex or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.