Eyes Home > Zymaxid
When and How to Use ZymaxidSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Zymaxid include the following:
- This medication comes as an ophthalmic solution (or eye drop). It is normally used two to eight times a day, usually for seven days.
- This medication is applied to the eye. To use it, tilt your head back and gently pull the lower lid of your eye down to form a pocket. Place the drops into this pocket.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using Zymaxid to help prevent spreading your infection.
- Try to avoid touching the tip of the bottle to any surface, including your eyes and fingers. This will help keep the medication free from germs.
- Do not wear contacts while using this drug. Ask your healthcare provider when you may wear contacts again.
- This medication is meant for use in the eye. Do not take it by mouth.
- You should begin to feel better within a few days of starting Zymaxid. However, use this medication for as long as your healthcare provider prescribes. Stopping it too soon may cause your symptoms to return or lead to antibacterial resistance.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.