Eyes Home > Unoprostone Ophthalmic Solution Dosage
With unoprostone ophthalmic solution, there is only one standard dosage -- one drop of the medicine applied to the affected eye(s) twice daily. Using more than the recommended amount will not make the medication more effective and can increase your risk for side effects. Also, avoid contaminating the eye drops by not touching the dropper to any surface, including the eye.
There is only one standard recommended dose of Rescula® (unoprostone ophthalmic solution), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The standard dosage for treating glaucoma or ocular hypertension (high eye pressure) is one drop into the affected eye or eyes twice a day. To insert the drops, wash your hands, gently pull down on your lower eyelid with a finger to create a small pocket, and then lightly squeeze the bottle to place a drop into that pocket.
After the drop is placed, gently close your eye. Do not blink or move your eye around. Apply pressure to the inner corner of your eye with a finger. This helps increase the amount of medicine absorbed into the eye, and decrease the amount that is absorbed into your body through your tear duct.
Some considerations include the following:
- Unoprostone ophthalmic solution comes in the form of a solution that is used in the eye. It is normally used twice a day.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including your eye, eyelid, or fingers.
- If you are using other eye drops, wait at least five minutes between using unoprostone ophthalmic solution and using the other eye drop medicine.
- Always wash your hands before and after using this or any other eye drop.
- Try to use this medication at about the same time every day.
- If you wear contacts, take them out before using unoprostone ophthalmic solution, and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Using more than the prescribed amount will not make the medicine work better, and may cause more side effects.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of unoprostone ophthalmic solution, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.