Eyes Home > Tobradex
- This medication comes in the form of an eye suspension (eye drops) and an eye ointment. It is typically used in the affected eye(s) 3 to 12 times a day (depending on whether the ointment or the drops are used and the severity of the problem).
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper or ointment tube to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- To use the ointment, make a small pocket in the lower lid by gently pulling down on the cheek just below the eye. Apply about ½ an inch of ointment carefully, and then look downward before closing your eye. The ointment may temporarily cause blurred vision.
- When using the drops, make sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as directed.
Dosing InformationThe dosage of this medication your healthcare recommends will vary, depending on the particular form (ointment or suspension) and the severity of the eye problem.
Side Effects of Tobradex
- Eyelid itching
- Eyelid swelling
- Eye redness.