Eyes Home > Timolol
When and How to Take TimololSome general considerations for those taking this medicine include the following:
- Timolol comes in the form of tablets and eyedrops. It is usually taken once or twice a day, depending on the particular product.
- You can take this medication with a meal or on an empty stomach.
- For the eyedrops, make sure you know exactly how to use them (there are significant variations among the various products).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Timolol will not work if you stop taking it.
- In general, the tablet form should not be stopped suddenly, as serious problems (including heart attacks) may result.
Dosing InformationThe dose of timolol your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular product
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to the medication
- Other drugs you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.