Eyes Home > Restasis
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is normally used in each eye twice a day, with doses about 12 hours apart.
- Restasis comes in a single-use vial, or dropper. This means that the contents in each dropper are enough for one dose in both eyes. The dropper should be used immediately after opening. If any medicine is left in the dropper after use, throw it away. Do not save it for later use.
- Make sure to mix this medication well before using it. To mix the dropper, turn it upside down a few times.
- Wash your hands well before and after using this medication.
- Make sure the tip of the dropper does not touch your eye, or any other surface, to prevent the vial from becoming contaminated.
- Do not use Restasis eye drops if you are wearing contact lenses. If you are wearing contacts, take them out before you use this medicine and wait at least 15 minutes before putting them back in.
- Do not use this medication more often than prescribed. Unlike some other eye medications used for dry eyes, such as artificial tears, this medication should not be used on an "as needed" basis. If you also use artificial tears, wait at least 15 minutes between using the two products.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.