Eyes Home > Restasis Dosage
General Information on Using RestasisSome considerations for people using Restasis include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is normally used in each eye twice a day, with 12 hours between applications.
- Make sure to mix this medication well before using it. To mix the dropper, turn it upside down a few times. The contents should be white and opaque after mixing.
- Wash your hands well before and after using this medication.
- Make sure the tip of the dropper does not touch your eye, or any other surface, to prevent the dropper from becoming contaminated and possibly causing an eye infection.
- Do not use Restasis eye drops if you are wearing contact lenses. If you are wearing contacts, take them out before you use this medication and wait at least 15 minutes before putting them back in.
- Do not use this medication more often than prescribed. Unlike some other eye medications used for dry eyes, such as artificial tears, this medication should not be used on an "as needed" basis. If you also use artificial tears, wait at least 15 minutes between using the two products.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Restasis dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.