Eyes Home > Prolensa
- Prolensa comes in the form of an eye drop. It is normally used once a day.
- You will usually begin using Prolensa the day before your surgery, and continue using it every day for 14 days after your surgery.
- To prevent contamination with bacteria, make sure you do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including your eye.
- You can use Prolensa with other eye drop medicines -- just make sure to wait at least five minutes between each medication.
- If you wear contacts, you must remove them before using Prolensa. You may reinsert contact lenses 10 minutes after your dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Using more drops or using Prolensa longer than prescribed will not make the medication work better and may cause side effects.