Eyes Home > Ozurdex
Are There Side Effects?Just like any medicine, Ozurdex may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- Increased pressure within the eye
- Bleeding of the eye
- Eye redness
- Eye pain
- Blurred vision.
Drug Interactions With OzurdexOzurdex may react with a few other medications (see Ozurdex Drug Interactions).
- A viral, bacterial, or fungal eye infection
- A current herpes infection of the eye, or have ever had one
- A detached retina
- Endophthalmitis (inflammation inside the eye)
- Any allergies, including to medications, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Ozurdex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Ozurdex and Breastfeeding).