Eyes Home > Ocufen Overdose
It is possible to use too much Ocufen (flurbiprofen ophthalmic), although it is not expected to result in dangerous complications. However, the specific effects will vary, based on how much was used and whether it was used in the eyes or taken by mouth. If you have used too many drops in your eye, flush the eye out with clean water.
Ocufen® (flurbiprofen ophthalmic) is a prescription eye medication used in the hours before eye surgery to prevent the pupil from getting too small during the surgery. As with any medicine, it is possible to use too much Ocufen.
The specific effects of an overdose would vary, depending on a number of factors, including the dosage used, whether it was applied to the eye or taken by mouth, and whether it was used with other any medications or substances.
An overdose with Ocufen is not expected to be dangerous. Using too many drops of Ocufen is unlikely to cause serious side effects, other than the usual expected Ocufen side effects. Swallowing the medication is also unlikely to cause serious side effects, as there is very little drug in an entire bottle of Ocufen.
If you have used too many Ocufen drops in your eye, you should flush the eye with clean water. If you have taken Ocufen by mouth, drink plenty of fluids to help dilute the drug in your stomach.
Even though an overdose is not likely to be dangerous, it's still important to seek prompt medical attention in the event of an overdose.