Eyes Home > Moxeza Overdose
The exact consequences of overdosing on Moxeza are unknown. Problems are more likely to occur if this medication is accidentally taken by mouth, which might occur with children or pets. However, it's unlikely that dangerous problems would occur if too much Moxeza were used in the eyes, as very little of this medication reaches the bloodstream when used as an eye drop.
Can You Use Too Much Moxeza?Moxeza™ (moxifloxacin eye drops) is a prescription antibiotic eye drop licensed to treat bacterial conjunctivitis, an infection commonly called "pink eye." This medication belongs to a class of drugs called fluoroquinolones, or "quinolones" for short.
It is unclear what exactly to expect from an overdose with Moxeza. However, using too much of this medication is not expected to cause any dangerous or long-lasting problems.
What Are the Effects of a Moxeza Overdose?As mentioned, the specific effects of an overdose with Moxeza are unknown. However, overdose symptoms are probably more likely to occur if the medication were accidentally taken by mouth, which might occur with children or pets.
When used as an eye drop, very little of the medication actually reaches the bloodstream. Therefore, using too much Moxeza in the eyes is unlikely to cause problems, since the amount of moxifloxacin (the active ingredient) in an entire bottle is quite small.
Treatment OptionsBecause so little is known about the possible effects of an overdose with this medication, it is unknown how best to treat a Moxeza overdose. Treatment, if necessary, would likely involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you or someone else may have used too much of this medication.