Eyes Home > Levobunolol Dosage
For treating high eye pressure or glaucoma, the recommended starting dosage of levobunolol is one to two drops applied to each affected eye once daily (for the 0.5 percent strength) or twice daily (for the 0.25 percent strength). However, your dosage will vary depending on a number of factors, such as how you respond to levobunolol, other medications you are taking, and other medical conditions you may have.
Levobunolol Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of levobunolol hydrochloride (Betagan®) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to levobunolol
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dosing for Glaucoma or High Eye PressureThe recommended starting levobunolol dosage for treating glaucoma or high eye pressure is one to two drops in the affected eye(s) once daily (for the 0.5 percent strength) or twice daily (for the 0.25 percent strength). Your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your dosage as necessary.
General Information on Dosing With LevobunololSome considerations for people taking levobunolol include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is used in the affected eye(s) once or twice a day.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider.