Eyes Home > Side Effects of Ketotifen
Stuffy or runny nose, headaches, and eye redness are the most commonly reported side effects of ketotifen. When side effects occur, in most cases, they are mild and either do not require medical attention or can be treated easily. Some side effects, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider, including swollen eyelids, unexplained rash, or eye pain.
- Signs of an eye infection, such as:
- Severe eye redness or eye pain
- Crusting of the eye
- Swollen eyelids
- Signs of an allergic reaction to the medication, such as:
- An unexplained rash or hives
- Itching (more than the usual itching related to eye allergies)
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing.