Eyes Home > Ketotifen Dosage
The standard recommended dosage of ketotifen for the treatment of eye allergy symptoms in adults and children three years old and older is one drop in each affected eye twice a day, every 8 to 12 hours (but no more than twice daily). Dosing for the medication is the same for both brand-name versions and generic versions of the eye drops.
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is used in each eye twice a day.
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them to use the drops. In order to prevent the lens from absorbing the preservatives in the medication, be sure to wait at least 10 minutes after using the drops before reinserting the lens. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eye is still red.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.