Eyes Home > Brimonidine/Timolol
How Does Brimonidine/Timolol Work?As the name implies, brimonidine/timolol contains two different active ingredients: brimonidine tartrate and timolol maleate.
When and How to Use Brimonidine/TimololGeneral considerations to keep in mind during treatment with brimonidine/timolol include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is used in the affected eye(s) twice daily.
- Soft contact lenses can absorb the preservative (benzalkonium chloride) in these eye drops. In order to avoid this problem, you must remove the lenses before using brimonidine/timolol and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
- If you use other eye drops in addition to brimonidine/timolol, make sure to wait at least five minutes between using brimonidine/timolol and the other eye medication.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye or the skin.
- For brimonidine/timolol to work properly, it must be used as directed.