Eyes Home > Bimatoprost
- Bimatoprost comes in the form of eye drops to be applied into the eye (Lumigan) or onto the eyelash line (Latisse). It is usually taken once a day in the evening.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before using it.
- Latisse is applied using special sterile, single-use applicators that come with the medication. Lumigan is applied like any other eye drop (into the eye).
- For Lumigan, gently pull your lower eyelid down with a finger (most people find that their middle fingers work best) to create a small pocket. Without actually touching the dropper to the eye, squeeze the bottle to place one drop into the lower eyelid.
- Keep the bottle free of contamination by avoiding touching the tip to anything, including your eye, hands, or any surfaces.
- If you use other eye drops, make sure to separate bimatoprost and your other eye drops by at least five minutes.
- If you wear contacts, remove them before using bimatoprost and wait at least 15 minutes before putting them back in.
- For bimatoprost to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.