Eyes Home > Betoptic Dosage
The recommended starting dosage of Betoptic for lowering eye pressure is one drop in the affected eye twice a day. This dosage applies to both forms of the medication (both the regular solution and the suspension). In order for this medicated eye drop to work properly, the dosing guidelines must be followed as prescribed.
The dose of Betoptic® (betaxolol hydrochloride) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- How you respond to Betoptic
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Betoptic comes in the following strengths:
- Betoptic 0.5 percent solution
- Betoptic S 0.25 percent suspension.
The recommended starting dose of Betoptic (for either regular Betoptic solution or Betoptic S® suspension) is one drop in the affected eye(s) twice daily. It should be noted that only Betoptic S (not regular Betoptic) is approved for use in children.
Considerations for people taking Betoptic include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is applied to the affected eye(s) once a day in the morning.
- Regular Betoptic solution does not need to be shaken. However, you must shake Betoptic S suspension well before each dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Betoptic dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.