General Information on Using CiloxanSome considerations for people using Ciloxan include the following:
- The tip of the Ciloxan container should not touch any surface, including your eye. This helps keep the container clean to reduce further spread of the infection.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you are using this medicine. Ask your healthcare provider when you may use contacts again.
- Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before and after you apply this medicine to your eye. This helps to prevent spreading the infection.
- This medication should only be used in the eye. Do not take it by mouth or apply it to your skin.
- Ciloxan ointment may cause blurred vision. This is common and will go away when you stop using the medicine. If you cannot see clearly, do not perform activities that require clear vision, such as driving.
- You should begin to feel better within a few days of starting Ciloxan. However, this does not mean your infection is gone. It is important that you finish the full course of this medicine. If you stop taking it too soon, your infection may not be cured, and antibiotic resistance may develop.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.