When using brinzolamide, the dosage is the same for everyone. This standard recommended dose is one drop in the affected eye(s) three times daily. If this does not help improve your eye condition, a healthcare provider may recommend adding another eye medication. It is not usually recommended to simply increase the dosage.
An Introduction to Your Brinzolamide DosageThere is only one standard dose of brinzolamide (Azopt®), regardless of your age, weight, or the severity of your glaucoma. As is always the case, do not adjust your brinzolamide dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Standard Dosing With BrinzolamideThe recommended dose of brinzolamide for treating glaucoma or high eye pressure is one drop in the affected eye(s) three times daily. If this dosage does not adequately lower the pressure in the eye, your healthcare provider may add another type of glaucoma medication.
It is generally not recommended to increase the dosage beyond the standard recommended dose, even if your eye pressure remains high.
General Information on Using BrinzolamideSome considerations for people using brinzolamide include the following:
- Because brinzolamide is a suspension and the medication settles to the bottom, you must shake it before every dose.
- Soft contact lenses can absorb the preservative in these eye drops. In order to avoid this problem, you must remove the lenses before using brinzolamide and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
- If you use other eye drops in addition to brinzolamide, make sure to wait at least 10 minutes between using brinzolamide and another eye medication.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye or the skin.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of brinzolamide, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.