Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Heart disease
- Raynaud's disease
- Had a stroke
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Thromboangiitis obliterans
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Alphagan and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Alphagan and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Brimonidine to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)
Dosing Information for BrimonidineThere is only one standard dosage for this medication, regardless of the severity of your eye condition. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Brimonidine Dosage for more information.)