General Information on Using BrimonidineSome considerations for people using brimonidine include the following:
- If you use other eye drops in addition to brimonidine, make sure to wait at least five minutes between using brimonidine and the other eye medication.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye or the skin.
- For original brimonidine, you must remove soft contact lenses before using the eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them, as the preservative can bind to the lenses. This is not a problem with Alphagan P.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your brimonidine dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.